If you work with Facebook and Instagram advertising, then this article will be relevant for you.
There are currently 3 technical configurations you must implement if you don’t want to fall behind your competition. By not configuring will result in a technical disadvantage that makes your advertising significantly more expensive to achieve results.
1. Domain Verifications
After Apple released iOS 14.5 in April 2021, life became a little more difficult for people working with social media advertising. Apple prohibits Facebook from gathering most of the data that enables the algorithm to be so effective at finding your consumers. You have two options to reduce the damage. One is to verify your domain. You must either configure your DNS records or insert a small file to your website.
You can verify your domain by following below steps:
1. Open Business Manager
2. Brand Safety
2. Aggregated Event Measurement
You can configure and prioritize your 8 Facebook events by following below steps:
1. Open Business Manager
2. Events Manager
3. Aggregated Event Measurement
4. Configure Web Events
3. Conversions API
Here comes the most important implementation. Conversions API is a potential gamechanger for your Ad Account.
There are several factors that prevents your Facebook pixel from being fired at for example a purchase event. Including:
- Ad blocking software’s (20% of Thailand)
- Slow internet connections
- Missing redirect to receipt pages
- …and many other factors.
Technically this means approximately 20-30% of conversions are not being tracked by Facebook.
What does this mean?
- Your advertising is probably working 20-30% better than you think.
- Your advertising would perform even better if you provided Facebook with 20-30% more data to work with.
- You would sell more!
Conversions API (server-side tracking) is better than pixels in every case. All IBEXs fastest growing clients have already made the implementation.
So how do I implement?
- If you use Shopify, you can quickly configure it using the built-in Sales Channel.
- If you have WooCommerce and WordPress, then you can use the fantastic PixelYourSite plugin.
- If you have something else, then it’s going to be very hard.
Recently it has become possible to configure the Conversions API for Facebook Ads via Google Tag Manager. Though it requires a dedicated server and some effort to set up.
If you would like to improve the performance of ALL your campaigns going forward, then implement the Conversions API today!
To setup you may follow this guide, however it may be challenging if you are not a developer.